Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11th, 2013

Well this week was some what a struggle we were running all over visiting the members trying to get their Family History work. In the end we didn't get very many names. So they canceled the Temple trip and it's going to be this Saturday. As the missionaries we are going to baptize and confirm all of the people we are hoping for about 100 names, who knows. But this week we are going to be working really hard with all of the members.
I spoke in Church as well this Sunday. I spoke on.....Family History (what do you know haha) I spoke on how the Savior loves all and wants all of us to return to live with our Father in Heaven. I also spoke on how there are two parts to the work of Family History, there is the part of those who have passed on, and the work that we as members need to do. And without both parts they can't return to live with us as a family in Gods presence. After we spoke in church many people came asking what they needed to do to find their Family History Work. It was super suave!

We are quickly approaching transfers and I believe that I will get changed to a new area and my companion will start to train a new Elder (an American). Everyone is super anxious for the new missionaries because there will be American Sisters, and it has been a long time since there were American Sisters in Mexico. The mission continues to grow and progress every week and it's pretty crazy the changes that continue to take place.
In December we are going to have a music and the spoken word. I'm super excited for it. We are going to perform in all of the Stakes which is 5 and in some malls around Juarez. I think it will be a neat experience and we will find many new investigators. This is always my favorite time of the year. I love to feel the spirt as we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.
I'm so glad that I am a missionary and I feel so blessed to be serving here in the Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Mission. I love the Savior and his teachings. I Know that Families can be Forever.
Love,
Elder (Braiden) Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment