Monday, July 29, 2013

July 22nd/29th, 2013

We have been having problems getting emails sent so this is for the past two weeks.

Dear other side of the fence,
It's been really hot in Juarez. Our area really is starting to improve which is awesome. I've been participating a lot more and teaching almost half the lesson in well Spanish obviously. We have 3 new investigators who are flippin sweet. One is going to be baptized this next Sunday and the other is a new family who we are going to put a date with on Tuesday. Elder King and I are pretty positive that they will be baptized soon as well. It's been a mixture of a lot of rain and a lot of heat. So its been pretty humid here which stinks because all of the mosquitos are coming out. I have quite a bunch of bites on almost every limb. Thats ok though because we got some insence raid thing that keeps them out of our house at night when we sleep. One thing that's pretty sweet is we caught a scorpion that died two hours later ha ha, I'll send a pic. Elder King got sick and I had to give him a blessing. Later a member family brought us a red velvet cake so the Lord must have known that cake would help ha ha.
One thing I really have not liked is we go on divisions almost every week. It's almost ridiculous. I feel like I have 4 different companions.
Anyways Ive been reading a lot of past GC talks. Especially by Holland and Bednar. I think I like those two the best. I was reading a talk by Elder Bednar about revelation and I think it's interesting how he compares revelation to light. The first example is turning a light on in a room immediately illuminating the once dark room, it's like receiving an answer right then and there and the other was like the sun rising over the horizon. It's slow and gradual. It's like receiving revelation over time. Sometimes in life I feel like the sun is taking forever. But it's not on our time its on Gods. One thing I learned in the MTC that I really like is if you want to talk to God get on your knees, If you want God to talk to you open your scriptures. Not all our answers can be answered from the scriptures but it helps answer a lot of questions we have. Like Elder Bednar said in a talk in the MTC if you read the Book of Mormon seeking an answer to a question. By the time you finish the book your question will be answered. Thats why I love the Book of Mormon so much because it answers questions. It was written for us in our days not for anyone else.

Two years seriously seems like a long time! But it will all be worth it!
Elder Thorpe
Les extrano

No comments:

Post a Comment