Monday, September 23, 2013

Elder Thorpe hits the 6 month mark.

Elder Thorpe, Antonio and Elder Hernandez

September 23rd, 2013

Well this week was just awesome. I really felt something pushing me along as I strived to work hard to serve the Lord. I know it was the Spirit. I don't know this week I just felt it really strong. This past week we really strived to help Antonio to quit smoking. We visited him everyday and every day we shared some scriptures and some encouragement, and it really did help. Antonio was baptized on September 21, 2013. He went from smoking a whole pack of cigaretts plus a day to being clean and ready for baptism in 3 months. I was super happy for him that he made this step in his life. I honestly can see what my purpose is here in the mission. I'm not here to baptize, I'm here to change lives. I know that this is the purpose of all of us in this awesome work. We have such an awesome opportunity to bring others to our Heavenly Father.

Wherefore, you are called to acry repentance unto this people.And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
D&C 18:14-15
I am so glad to be serving a mission. I have dreamed about these days all my life, and now I am finally here.
I love all of you so much and pray for each and every one of you individually. You are one of the many reasons that keeps me going.
Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment