Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2,2013

So this week was pretty cool. Bueno with our  investigators they are going to wait a few more weeks for baptism which is all good. In reality they really do need time to prepare. A couple that we are teaching right now Luis y Haydee told Elder King and I that they want us to be here for their sealing in the Temple. They even said that they want us to be the witnesses of their sealing! So thats pretty cool, we will probably baptize them in a few weeks because its a new rule here in Mexico that all our investigators need to attend the church 5 times before baptism.

Elder King goes home in a few days and its kind of sad to think my trainer is leaving! But I know we will continue to talk and be friends after the mission. So that means Im getting a new companion. But who will it be? Well actually I know who it is. His name is Elder Hernandez he is from Veracruz and he just arrived here in Mexico! So that means that I am a trainer. Its kind of hard to believe considering that I only have 5 months! But I know that the Lord has something big in store for me. I know that with hard work, faith and a lot of prayer I will have the help I need. Because of what the Lord has promised us in the scriptures.

In fact speaking of the scriptures I have been reading about the dream of Lehi a lot during my studies and I have learned a lot about the Atonement and the Gospel. Ive learned the importance of Holding Fast to the Rod of Iron. I know that when we learn to take the scriptures and really strive to learn from them and apply what we learn in our every day lives, that is when we are Holding Fast to the Rod of Iron.

I hope everyone is as excited as I am for General Conference!

Elder Thorpe



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment