Monday, October 28, 2013

October 29, 2013


This week we did some service for an older couple which was super wet. We along with a few other Elders cleaned out a tank for water for the shower and sinkInline image 1
It was super awesome and we had such a spiritual experience in the end. After a while I went above the tank to take buckets of water and dump them into the road. I decided that I didn't want to use my shoes anymore and I barefooted the rest of our service. It felt so great to take my shoes off and not wear shoes for about an hour. ha ha Anyways in the end we were talking to the older couple and they both were in need of a blessing. I was asked to bless the wife, and I felt a bit intimidated because I'm not used to speaking in tu and when you give blessings you speak in tu. But I felt the promptings of the spirit telling me that I needed to bless her. As I placed my hands on her head I felt the spirit extremely strong and I said things that I could not even imagine that I would say. I was saying words in Spanish that I didn't even know that well. I felt the words coming from my lips were not my own words, but the words of the Spirit.
Also this week we have been trying to figure out why we haven't been having the best success. We have been thinking a lot about our less actives and why we have so many. We started to ask some of the less actives and members why they thought there are so many. Most of them said it is because of two sisters in the ward who are "attacking the other sisters." So we have quite a bit of work ahead of us.
Also this week we had an awesome opportunity to give two blessings to another family. The husband is a member but less active and wants to be sealed with his wife. And his wife isn't a member and wants to be sealed as well. I think she has a bit of fear of baptism. But now its looking like she will accept. They are both sick and the wife is actually pregnant and is sick because of the pregnancy. So we gave them a blessing. It was a good experience to teach about faith in Jesus Christ and the Priesthood.
Well I love all of you and pray for you all the time.
Love,
Elder (Braiden) Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment