Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 17th, 2013

I'm in Chihuahua right now for something to do with my Visa, no se. The trip here was long and hard becuase they play movies on the tvs and we aren't allowed to watch them. So what did I do, I just took a really long nap. It's my companions B-day this week so we are probably going to celebrate in some way. I'm probably going to be getting my package as well while I'm down here, pero quien sabe.

Our investigator Antonio says that he wants to get baptized on the 4th of July because it's a special day for him. But were not really sure if he is going to get baptized now. He still smokes quite a bit and he owes a lot of debt, so he thinks he's going to have to open up his store again on Sunday. But you know if it doesn't happen with him he has the seed planted. I know he will get baptized eventually.
I have found that just talking to people in spanish is a great way to learn spanish. Its still really hard. Everything is great in my area though. We have been working a lot with the members teaching them the Doctrine of Christ. Our best option right now is going with the member trying to strengthen them.
I think what's going to happen with me is I am going to stay in my area and when the new generation comes Elder King will get transfered and I will start to train. If that does happen I hope I train a Mexican so I can start to get better at my spanish.
I love you all and miss you all so much.
Elder Thorpe
Oh PS for my plaque I am in Juarez and my scripture I want it to be Alma 17:11

No comments:

Post a Comment