Monday, June 3, 2013

Streets of Juarez

Train tracks I walk along every day.

Not your typical Mexican food.

June 3, 2013



So I have some super awesome news! We have a new investigator his name is Antonio and he is AWESOME! He went to the Sunday meeting with Elder Christopherson and when we went to talk to him he said he felt the spirit really strong. His exact words were, "Did you feel what I felt." We gave him a Book of Mormon and he read to 2 Nephi 20 in 2 days. We also gave him the restoration folleto and he read it 3 times and understood it very well. He really likes history and there is a story about a man in white clothes that came down and taught the people here in Mexico. So he really likes reading in 3 Nephi about Jesus Christ visiting the Americas. His only problem he has is he smokes a lot. But we taught him about the word of wisdom and gave him a blessing. He says he's going to try to live it. We have his baptismal date set up for the 15th of June. So the work is getting better, just like Elder Christopherson promised. I can't believe I already have a month here in Mexico. It's so crazy. I survived the first transfer and still have my comp. Thank goodness. I bore my testimony in church yesterday, It was short simple and sweet. But the spirit that was in the room during that testimony meeting was amazing. Im so happy that Antonio was there to feel it. Spanish is getting better each day. I try to memorize at least 6 words a day but I sometimes can only get like 4.
I have something that I would like to say to all of the youth back home. Read the Book of Mormon every day! Pray to your Heavenly Father Every day with a sincere heart, and Live What you learn in this gospel. Become converted and stay converted. Don't be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Always remember when you are feeling down or hurt, or even if you are going through a tough trial. There is only one person who knows that feeling and only one who can help you. He is your older Brother and Savior Jesus Christ. I love this gospel so much. It has blessed my live as I have learned it and live it. And I know It will bless yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment