Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12th, 2013

I think I have really developed a love for mangos. Oh how I love my mangos! Haha well this week was an interesting one. It's been getting much easier to only speak in spanish, although I have the temptation to sometimes talk in english. It's just so hard. You would think it would be harder to speak only in spanish if I had a latin comp. well it wouldn't because he can't speak ENGLISH!!! The fact that my companion is American and can speak english makes it even harder for me to speak in spanish.
Anyways we have been teaching this young married couple who are living with some really awesome members of our ward. In fact they are probably one of the few families in the ward here that are actually reading the Book of Mormon every day. BTW did you know that reading the Book of Mormon everyday is a commandment of God. SO then why are people not reading the book. I believe that it is because we lose focus on our goal. But what is our goal. What our goal should be is to live in the presence of God with our families for ever!!! I know that it's some times hard to pull out the book and dust it off and read it and I might just be acting as a stubborn missionary looking out for the salvation of other people. But I know that everyone has at least 15 min. of the day open. Even the most busiest man in the world has 15 min. of his day to read the Book of Mormon. We have the time we just need to find it and use it. One thing that I would suggest is to write this phrase that I thought of to write in my LDM. "ThePower of this Book lies in its Use." If you need a little reminder put the book in a place you will see it. Like on your pillow (to read before you go to bed.) on the table (to read while you eat your breakfast) or even if you have to, put the book in the fridge. Whatever helps you the most do it.
I know that I'm probably going off too much because I'm on a spiritual high. But I know that the power of the Book of Mormon really changes lives. I know this because it has changed mine. I think the first time I really took the Book of Mormon and really read it (searched pondered and prayed) was while I was in the MTC and the first few weeks here in Mexico. It changed my life. And I know that it changes the hearts and lives of those who are willing to read it learn of it and apply it in their lives. I know that with all my heart that it is true and that Joseph Smith really did see God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. I know that through him the fullness of the Gospel was restored. I know that those who endure trials and pray humbly to God, will have help sent to them, like the savior said "I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my cSpirit shall be in your hearts, and mine dangels round about you, to bear you up."
I'm glad to hear that all is going well at home! I love hearing from every one and am so happy to have all of you apart of my life.
I have truely been blessed.
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment