Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 19th, 2013

Hello Utah! or wherever you are reading this! This past week was super awesome! We have these awesome investigators who want baptism. Our first lesson we didn't even talk about baptism and after the lesson I felt the spirit so strong and they asked if Elder King and I would be here for their baptism. We said claro! haha. They truely are awesome. They are living with a member family who is progressing a lot. Our investigators have been progressing a lot the only problem is we are helping the husband overcome his addiction of coffee. But the truth is it's going to be easy for him. He is the one who wants this the most he has what is truely needed a broken heart and a contrite spirit. They also came to church and stayed for all of it. They have a baptismal date for the 31 of Aug. or the 1 of Sept. Which are the last days of Elder Kings mission. We are super happy for them and super excited for their baptism. I feel everytime we leave the house happy. It's almost like something I can't even describe. I know its because I am where my Heavenly Father wants me and I am doing what he would want me to do.
Some other awesome news our old investigator Antonio. Well he wants to get baptized and is going to classes to quit his smoking. He keeps coming to church every week and Im sure that he will be able to be baptized by the 31 of Aug. or 1 of Sept. Things are looking good here in Oasis!
I know that the lord truely is blessing me here!

Elder Thorpe

Chosen by God to serve him below,
To ev'ry land and people we'll go,
Standing for truth with fervent accord,
Teaching his holy word.

No comments:

Post a Comment