Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20th, 2014

First things first Hola,

Haha I was told it is or was Grandma Gilltettes B-day, So HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA! I have been having quite the week. Our investigators finally returned back from their vacations so that's pretty awesome. It's been a struggle transitioning from 2013 to 2014 but I'm dealing with it. It's just the fact that not very many people were home and if they were home they were out partying. We still have one more major holiday here to complete before Easter, and that is the Day of Kings. Not sure what kind of holiday it is. I think It might have to do with the three wise men finding Christ.

We had a sweet training with a member of the Seventy this last week. He came and talked to us about the importance of having the spirit always. We talked about if we have the spirit all of the time what we are capable of doing. He said If I have the spirit I am capable of doing anything if it's just in the sight of God. We also talked about what it means to hasten the work of salvation. We specifically analyzed the word Hasten or Apresurrar. We talked about how hasten means to move fast or speed up ¨Prisa.¨ It was interesting for him to say that to Hasten the work it means that we also have to walk fast. I think what he was trying to say is that we need to walk with purpose. But all in all it was a good training.

There really hasn't been a whole lot of new. I finally reached the 10 month mark which is crazy. It honestly feels like I just started the mission. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by.

Well I love you all and I appreciate all that you wrote to me,

I'm excited to hear where Austin gets called to! I can't wait!



Love,
Elder (Thor) Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment