Sunday, April 20, 2014

April 14th, 2014

Hey fam!
 
So I'm glad to know all went well in Dislandia! haha I love the picture you sent me of Grandpa! Well I'm here in the Acadamy Juarez (the mormon school) and internet is extremely slow. I think it's because its 6 elders using the same internet. Love that we named the dog in spanish. LOBO! I would have liked the name stains (manches) as well but Lobo rocks. I like manches because I'm always saying no manches which means don't stain me basically. This last week was a busy one we keep finding new people to teach and we are super excited for our baptisms that we have prepared for this month. The training is going great and my companion loves me. He's teaching me every morning how to use my feet (soccer). But yeah!
 
We had a really cool training on the talk that Elder Dallin H. Oaks gave at the MTC of Mexico. He went down there to give a training to all the misionaries in the MTC and to all the missionaries of Mexico. It was really good. He talked a lot about placing intermidiate goals to help us achieve our bigger goals. He also talked about the importance of including the members in the Work of Salvation. Its funny because I was going to write use the members but thats not what it is its include the members. The members are an important part as well in hastening the Work! Also he talked about the importance of contacting people in public. We aren't allowed to door contact but we are allowed to contact in public.
 
Well I don't have a ton of time to write but I love you all and hope all is going good.
Say hi to the ward for me I pray for all of them and miss them!
 
Love,
 
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment