Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 26th, 2014

Hey Family!
I can't believe that I am no longer a teenager. Time has flown by so fast. I had such an awesome Birthday on Saturday. I started off my day with a awesome gift from my companion. He made me a giant poster that said, ¨Happy Birthday Elder Thorpe.¨ I was super stoked about that. Later we went to the curch for our baptism! I was super happy to be able to have a baptism on my birthday! It was quite an interesting baptism, Manuela (our investigator) had quite a bit of fear of baptism. They tried to baptize her about 11 times but either her legs kept popping up or her head wouldn't go all the way down. So I went and changed to help with the baptism. So Elder Borgel baptized her and I kept her legs down so they wouldnt pop up. Afterward we all celebrated my birthday with Cake and Juice! haha It was such an awesome day. I was just glad I could help another daughter of God get through the door that we must enter!

And this is my gospelrepentance and baptism by water, andthen cometh the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost, even theComforter, which showeth all things, and teacheth the peaceablethings of the kingdom.

-D&C 39:6

Thank you all for all the birthday wishes! You all are amazing and I miss you all!

Love Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment