Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20th, 2014

Hey!!!
So this week was a crazy week! We were doing exchanges with all of the district leaders the whole week. So I was hardly with my companion this week. I was working in our area for the majority of the week. But it was good because I got to see how well I know the area.

This week we found a really awesome investigator, his name is David Gutierez. He is a P.E. teacher in a elemetery school here. He was really interested in learning about the church and loves listening to us. We visited him two times last week and he said he wants to get baptized. He went to church on Sunday and then looked at me and I asked, ¨How did you like church.¨ He responded, ¨I loved it, when can you come back to my house to visit me.¨ He is super awesome!

I have been trying to study more the Bible now and the Pearl of Great Price so I can understand them more. I just finished the book of Samuel and it was really interesting. While I was reading in the book of Moses I found a scripture that I really liked and I thought to apply it to me as a new Zone leader. Its in chapter 6

 31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself tothe earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Whyis it that have found favor in thy sight, and am bulad, and all the people hate me; for am slow of speech; wherefore am thy servant?
 32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as have commanded thee, and no man shalpierce thee. Open thy mouth,and it shall be filled, and will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
Well I love you all and pray for you all! I hope all is ok with whats happening in Texas! Dont get sick!!!
Love,
Elder Thorpe
Jorge


No comments:

Post a Comment