1. Happy people surround themselves with other happy people. Joy is contagious. People are four times more likely to be happy in the future with happy people around them.
2. Happy people try to be happy. When happy people don’t feel happy, they cultivate a happy thought and smile about it.
3. Happy people spend money more on others than they spend on themselves. Givers experience what scientists call the “helper’s high.”
4. Happy people have deep in-person conversations. Sitting down to talk about what makes a person tick is a good practice for feeling good about life.
5. Happy people use laughter as a medicine. A good old-fashioned chuckle releases lots of good neurotransmitters. A study showed that children on average laugh 300 times a day versus adults who laugh 15 times a day.
6. Happy people use the power of music. Researchers found that music can match the anxiety-reducing effects of massage therapy.
7. Happy people exercise and eat a healthful diet. Eating a poor diet can contribute to depression.
8. Happy people take the time to unplug and go outside. Uninterrupted screen time brings on depression and anxiety.
9. Happy people get enough sleep. When people run low on sleep, they are prone to feel a lack of clarity, bad moods, and poor judgment.
10. Happy people are spiritual.
I thought you would like this!
So this week was a sad week. The reason why is because my companion goes home this week. But it was also a super awesome week!!!! This week we had a baptism. His name is Ruben and he was super excited to get baptized. His daughter Rubi got baptized the week before I got to the area. Ruben was super excited and we had tons of spiritual experiences with him and he told us with a strong testimony that he knew that the church was true! His wife Ana is starting to feel the spirit more and is starting to believe that it is all true. She should be getting baptized within a few weeks. We also have about 3 other people planned to be baptized in November. I'm so excited to keep working in the area and help others come unto Christ!!!
So my new companion his name is Elder Alba, he doesn't have a ton of time in the mission he has about 9 months. I'm excited to start working with a new Elder and have success with him as well. Hopefully this week goes well with finding people. I'm probably most nervous about finding the people who we eat with.
I have been learning a lot this week with how I can become a better teacher. So this week I decided to study about ¨Ask Questions¨ I learned a lot about how sometimes we treat people as objects and we ask a question and don't accept an answer untill we get the answer that we are thinking in our mind. But rather than do that we should treat people as Agents and help them to learn for themselves. We should ask an inspired question (Which requires the Holy Ghost) and then let them think and learn by the spirit. I really like that about my studies this week.
Any ways I love you all and pray for you all! READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!
Elder Braiden Thorpe
P.S. This week I ate a ton of Tamales but we fried them in butter!!! It was the BEST!!!!