Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15th, 2014

Wow!
This week was super awesome! We have been preparing this entire week for our Multi Stake Christmas Choir program that we had yesterday! It was super good!!! I was in charge of doing all of the tech stuff and getting all of the videos ready! We had two big screens that we used during the program and we put on the new video of the birth of Jesus Christ to start it all off to get everyone in the right mood. Then we sang a couple of hymns/Christmas songs about Christ. Then we had another video that we showed it's a mormon message called the true meaning of Christmas (its the one with all of the little kids). Then we sang some children Christmas songs like Feliz Navidad. I really got into that one and my companion and I started dancing haha! Then we ended with some more songs about Christ and his birth. Then we ended on a really spiritual note. We put up the video He is the Gift! It was so awesome.  We only planned on having about 1,500 people show up but more than 2,000 people came to see it and more than half of them were not members of the Church. It was such an awesome experience!!!

I love this time of year, and I love the Savior! I am so grateful for the love that my Heavenly Father had for us to send his son! I am also so grateful for My older brother and the love he had for us to come down in a imperfect world and live and die for us! I love this church and everything about it!
I KNOW ITS TRUE!

Love Elder Thorpe

Ps. Ill skype you at 6 on the 24th

No comments:

Post a Comment