Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17th, 2014

Well hey Fam,

So I did end up getting transfers but I'm still in the same area but with a new companion. His name is Elder Fabian and he's only got 3 month in the field so he's still pretty new. I was kind of surprised that I didn't get changed from the area because Elder Polanco went to a training on how to train new missionaries. Normally that means that he would be staying in the same area training a new Elder. Well that wasn't the case he's actually in Oasis and he's finishing training a new Elder. I actually find it very funny because it's like me I was in Oasis and got changed to Aeropuerto 2 and he was in Aeropuerto 2 and got changed to Oasis. The nice thing is that we will be able to see each other every Sunday. My new comp seems pretty cool so far, well I've only been with him for about an hour so far

Well I didn't end up getting better I actually got worse. But luckily our ward mission leader knows a ton of people so he knew a good doctor and we went to talk to him and we got better medication for me to take. I hope I end up getting better because I really do not like being sick. But we are going to work as hard as we can. I know I'll be blessed if I put all my strength and effort for the Savior.

Well we have decided to change things up with the area and were going to be starting to work a bit different. We haven't had a ton of success with our investigators so we are going to see what success we can have working with old investigators. We are also hoping that soon we can start to get the members more excited to work with us. That's probably the hardest thing is having visits with members present. 

Well all in all its been a struggle, but that's part of life I know that. Sometimes in our path there are going to be pebbles, or rocks, or even sometimes mountains that we have to climb. But eventually we are blessed and Heavenly Father will recognize our efforts and put in the helping hand. That is the thing I have learned most from my mission so far, is that life is not easy, and it never was meant to be. Thats why its called a trial. I know that in the end we are blessed and we all live together forever happy as a family, and that's what is most important than anything in this world. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much, I know that!

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment