Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11th, 2014

Hey Everybody!

So this week was a crazy week. We got to our area and it was pouring rain! It's actually been pouring almost every day this week. This week pretty much all we did was get to know the area and the members. We learned where some of our investigators live. We had some really good lessons with some of the members. They all understood very well what we were trying to teach them.

We also went on some visits with the Elders Quorum President to visit the less actives in the area. We had some really good lessons with him about the Temple and the importance of the Temple. I was so excited for the experience that I had with my convert in the temple and that I was able to share that with them. Many of them said that they wanted to come back to church and start preparing to go to the Temple. It was awesome!

So the area where we are at is super amazing, probably the most beautiful places that I've had in my mission. I'll send pics for you to see. So far the polygamists haven't been a problem, although they are always trying to find a way to talk to us and we kind of have a rule from the mission president that we can't talk to them about doctrine.

I love you all and miss you all!

Love Elder Thorpe


No comments:

Post a Comment