Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August 18th, 2014

Hey Everyone,
So this week was full of milagros!!! It was such a crazy week and it all started in our Zone meeting this past Monday. They were telling us all that as a mission we were struggling a lot with getting people to go to church and baptizing. They said the mission has plenty of baptismal dates but not very many baptisms happening. (I am really struggling writing in english) Anyways at the end of the meeting they told us that if the missionaries in Casas Grandes dont baptize in the next six weeks, President is going to take all of them out and put in new missionaries. Well that got everyone super nervous and I felt calm and the words that came to my mind in that instant was ¨You will baptize someone in your area this transfer.¨ After I heard that I felt like I should stand up and commit myself and my companion to baptize someone. But I didn't... But I did receive that impression. Well the next day we had to go fix our light bill because while we were in Casas Grandes they cut our light off. Well while we were waiting for the bus a large family yelled over to us Elderes! We waved to them and they started walking towards us. When they got to us they explained they were a new family  to the branch and had just arrived the day before. Well we kept talking to them and they had brought their babysitter to watch the kids while they worked during the day. Well her name is Ana and she hasn't been baptized and she was listening to the missionaries in Tamolipas, Baja California and she wants to get baptized. She believes all of it is true and we are teaching her everything again just to be sure she knows everything. She will be baptized the 30 of August!!!

I know the Lord works in mysterious ways and that this is his true church!

Love you all

Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment