Sunday, April 7, 2013



 Braiden and his  friend from South Jordan Elder Richardson

 Braiden and his companion Elder Bennett
 Braiden and his friend Elder Jake Smith on his first day at the MTC

Life at the MTC

March 27th, 2013

Umm you guys can email me first haha, bloma! I dont know the family email so tell me. so my first week here has been a blast you know other than my mornings. I am not as big of a fan of the food here its allright. My spanish is imroving day by day in fact when I go to bed I fall asleep to me talking to my self in spanish! I say almost every prayer in spanish including for food (which actually really isn't that hard). One thing that is my least favorite thing about mornings is we wake up at 6:00 so we can actually get a shower. So thats no bueno. We go to bed at 10:30, when were waking up at 6:00 i kind of wish we were going to bed at 9:00. So my companion is Elder Benett and he has been such an awesome companion. My spanish instructors are super awesome though. they have taught me so much in the past 7 days. Wow it's crazy to think ive already been here a week. Time goes by so fast here at the MTC. One day i was here i forgot which day it was, the days just blend together. One of my favorite times of the day is when GYM time comes around!!! GYM time rocks, I set a goal that i want to acomplish before i leave the MTC for GYM. The record of 3 pointers made in a row is 17, and i can get up to 10. So ive set that goal for my self.
Side note my best freind Jake Smith just got here and we got pictures together so YEAH!!!! Man this just got better. I'll attach pictures.
Cool story though so in my Zone one of the Elders and I were talking and we realized that we went to Welby Elementary School together, in fact we were in 3rd grade and 5th grade together. His name is Elder Richardson (Aaron Richardson)
The pictures in this email is Jake and I, and Elder Richardson and I.
Just wondering though are you guys getting my letters Im not sure if your getting them or not.
So back to MTC suff. For alot of our training we teach practice investigators. Righ now our investigator is Lucas and with the little spanish we know its kind of frustrating trying to comunicate with him. On the bright side we taught him how to pray. He read about the restoration and, he is is now reading the Book of Mormon. Hopefully tonight we will get him to commit to baptism!
On Sunday nights and Tuesday night we have devotionals that the General Authorities speak at. We havent gotten some one from the 12 yet but im praying for Easter that Elder Holland will come!!! On Sunday nights we can watch past MTC devotional vidoes. The one we watched this Sunday was Character of Christ by Elder Bednar. I can tell you right now that my life has been changed so much just by that talk. Its all about having the Character of Christ, in other words turn out not in. When we turn in we allow the natural man to come out of us, we become selfish. Im sad to say that I have been that way for a majority of my life. Lo siento! When we turn out we dont think about ourselves anymore we think more of others. Each night instead of praying for Heavenly Father to help me learn spanish. I ask him instead to bless the people of Chihuahua, that their hearts may be softened. I ask him to help me learn the language not for my self but for the people of Chihuahua, Mexico. I have already grown to love the people of my mission and I havent even met them yet! I cannot wait to get out in the mission field and share this awesome gospel to others. I want people to see how happy this gospel can make them. I bought a picture of Jesus Christ and it sits in front of me on my desk so when ever I pray or am doing personal study/write letters. I have the picture to remind me to turn outward not in.
Heavenly Father has called me to be a missionary because he needs me where I am going.
I am to be an example of the believers.
I will not be a dissapointment to my Heavenly Father.
I can do this!
I will be much happier if I endure to the end.
I must do this!
The world needs my message.
I am a Representative of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment