Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hermano Rhoton (MTC teacher) in front.  MTC District



Where I spent the last 6 weeks


Elder Cahoon and ElderThorpe


Elder Thorpe and Bennett on the Frontrunner going up to meet the Mexican Consulate up in SLC.

April 24, 2013



Apr 24 (4 days ago)

Hello Family!
 
Well I got to go into the real world this Tuesday. It was so awesome walking down the street seeing all of the people wanting to say hi, or honking their horns. There were about 21 of us who went to the consulate. One guy passing by called us the Mormon Mafia, haha. We wanted to all turn around and give him a Book of Mormon but we didnt have one to give. This lady on the train with us said, "Im riding the train with the Lords Army." So that was awesome, I felt like we were celebrities everywhere we went. All I wanted to do was just talk to everyone on the train and say hi. I have developed a love for every person I come in contact with. There was this mom and her daughter waiting for trax with us and we had a small gospel discussion with her. She wasn't LDS but she has some faith in God. We told her that we are going to Mexico for our mission, and she told us that the God will bless us for doing his work. I told her that what she said was true and that he will bless us because he loves us. I said God loves all of his children and wants what's best for them, and that's why we are going to Mexico. So that they can know of Gods love for them as well. Her daughter was super cute too and wanted to give some of us flowers from the tree we were standing by. Also on the train there was a group of kids going back to school from their field trip to Thanksgiving Point. It was exciting to see them come up to where we were sitting and shout IT'S THE MISSIONARIES! These kids really do look up to us.
 
This being my last P-Day in the MTC has some mixed emotions going through my body. Especially at the Temple. When I got to the Celestial room, I couldn't help but cry as I sat there and poured out my heart to Heavenly Father. This would be most likely the last time that I would get to go to the Temple for two years. I love going to the Temple so much. I love feeling the amazing spirit. It will be one of the things I will miss the most that I am leaving behind in Utah.
 
Brother David Evans of the seventy spoke at our Devo this Tuesday. One of my favorite things he said in his message to us was this, "I have promised the Lord two years of my life. I will go where he wants me to go, whatever he wants me to do I will do It. I hope that I can have this mentality with me always as I serve my mission.
 
I have really been enjoying my personal study time here in the MTC. I love reading Jesus The Christ!!! It is amazing. I love reading the Book of Mormon as well. I love reading the story of Ammon. He is my favorite person to read about in the Book of Mormon. I want my mission to be compared to Ammon's, and Aarons mission. I want to serve and love the people with all my heart. I love this church so much, I know that it is true. For the first time in my life I don't view myself as just a normal teenage boy who's on a mission. I view my self as a Man who is a servant of the Lord. I will serve him with all my heart. I love him.
 
Yo se que este iglesia es la verdadera iglesia. Yo se que mi salbador vive. Yo se que familias son eternos. Yo se que el libro de mormon es verdadero.

No comments:

Post a Comment