Monday, April 15, 2013

April 10, 2013

Mi Familia,
 
So its technically according to my companion not week 4 but im going off the planner, and it says its week 4. Anyways I loved conference, absolutely loved it!!! And just like I expected Elder Holland through it down. I loved his and President Uchtdorfs talks they were the ones that impacted me the most. I really like what President Uchtdorf said in the Priesthood session, he said, "Get in the game, don't wait for specific callings in the church. As a Priesthood holder we are already called to the work. Rise up to your potential. Study the gospel daily. You are important, you are loved, you are needed. Those words really impacted me especially because I am a missionary. Now for Holland...This is what I wrote in my book..."Hold the ground you have already won. Hold fast to what you already know. Do not start your quest by complaining about what you don't have. Be true to your faith. What we know will always trump what we do not know. Walk in faith. Do not be afraid to ask for help. If we do so humbly we will get that help. Be not afraid only believe. Fan the flame of your belief. Through Faith all is possible." Is that not just awesome.
 
I also liked Enrique R. Fabella's talk. Even though im serving a mission and it was about marrige I still liked it. I wrote, "The Temple is the place. Strive to be sealed to your wife in the Temple for time and all eternity. Live a celestial life. Tell your wife you love her. write her letters often, or send her a nice text message. Read the Book of Mormon daily. Don't just read it though, live it."
 
So this past week was a really cool experience I gave two blessings for the sick to two people in my district. I have never felt the spirit more strong while giving a blessing than here in the CCM. While giving the blessing I literally felt like something was rushing through my body, and through my hands. I am so glad to be a worthy Priesthood holder, and be able to exercise my Priesthood.
 
I am sending some letters to Austin, Brooklyn and Ashlee today. I'm going to try to work on writing them letters more often. I love getting letters from everyone, it makes my day so much better. We finally made a dent in our candy stash that we have im probably going to leave here weighing 500 lbs.
 
Heres something really cool. So for our Sunday Devo. after confrence we had Vocal Point. And they gave the most awesome church song performance and they shared some awesome spiritual thoughts as well.

I'd better end so...Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera.
Love, Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment