Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16th, 2013

Hola Familia,
I have been having such a great December here in Mexico. I have been enjoying the cold, strange as that sounds. But its actually been pretty nice. I have been super excited as we have been preparing to sing in all of the stakes in Juarez. We are somewhat starting to adjust to our area and we are starting to actually have a lot of success in our area. A recent convert in our area had a huge party at her house and we stopped by to visit. Her son returned home from being in a rehabilitation center for drugs and alcohol. His sister has a bapstim date for this saturday but we will see if that happens. We were also visiting her brother and he seems pretty cool. We are going to try and put a fecha. I have the goal for about 5 baptisms between December and January.
We have been struggling a bit with the Work of Salvation in our ward. I think the problem is that the members really don't understand how it works or the leaders don't quite understand.
I'm super excited for next week because one its Christmas, and two I GET TO TALK WITH MY FAMILY BY SKYPE ON THE 24th!!!! I love this time of year, I really do. One thing that I really like about this time of year is to sing the Christmas hymns. I, like dad, Love the hymn Silent Night. I love to sing it and I truely feel my Saviors love as I listen/sing.
I hope all is going well in Utah and all is well with everyone who reads this. I love you all and hope you all have a Super Merry Christmas!

For unto us a achild is born, unto us a son is given; and the bgovernment shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The cMighty God, The dEverlasting Father, The Prince of ePeace.
2 Nephi 19:6
Love Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment