Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23rd, 2013

Hola y Feliz Navidad!!!

I hope all back at home is having a super Feliz Navidad! I was so happy to receive my packages this week. I was also so happy to see inside them so many letters from all of my family! This last week we didn't do too much. But we did have our mission dinner which was super fun and awesome. We also sang in all the 4 stakes in Juarez. It was such a wonderful experience and the spirit was so strong.

During this letter I'm just going to answer some of the questions that I was asked in the letters.

Have you baptized anyone? X5
Yes, I have been able to have three amazing baptisms. They are such amazing people and I was so fortunate to be able to help them change their lives.

Are you fed?
I eat every day with the members and the food here is AWESOME!!!

Do you like your companion?
I haven't had a companion that I haven't liked. Each one of my companions is a servant of the Lord as well as I am. One thing I have learned during my mission is to have charity for all. I love all of my companions, and all the people of Juarez.

Do you use a bike or a car?
I walk every day and it is awesome. I walk about 8 miles every day. It gives me a bunch of time to think and reflect on my life and my purpose. I also love to sing hymns as I walk.

I know this church is true! I love this time of year and the chance we all have to remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ!

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the aglory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you agood tidings of great bjoy, which shall be to all people.
 11 For unto you is aborn this day in the city of David a bSaviour, which is Christ the cLord.
 12 And this shall be a asign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
 14 aGlory to God in the highest, and on earth bpeace, good will toward men.

Luke 2:8-14

I love you all and hope you all have a merry Christmas!
Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment