Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30th, 2013

Hey everyone I was so excited to be able to skype on Christmas Eve. I will honestly never forget what was said. The part that I hope to never forget is when Chase said I love you Braiden. That honestly brought tears to my eyes. We had an interesting "Feliz Navidad!" We are now in a trio for about a week until the new Elder gets his companion. So we are working in both areas which is kinda hard becase its really big and we don't know the other area. But its been fun learning and working together. I have been eating plenty of tamales, and the majority of them come from Veracruz. I really like the tamales made with banana plant leaf. There is quite a big difference here in how Christmas is celebrated. Here they just have huge parties, and set off illegal fireworks. It's cool and all but not quite my thing for Christmas. We still have yet to see snow but it's still really cold. The weird thing is that I know its colder in Utah. This past week we had some good lessons that we taught. We have been using a lot of the story of Christs birth in Luke. I love reading it and sharing the message of our Savior's birth. This week was also a bit of a struggle having everyone go away for vacations. That's the hard part is finding people in their homes.

This week we are probably going to have the chance to go to the Temple again. We have a mission goal to have more baptisms for the dead than the SLC temple. Right now we are in second, which is pretty cool. So this week we are going to be working with some of the recent converts to do their family history work

                    
Well all is well with me and I hope that all are having a feliz Diciembre!

Love, Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment