Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

Well as all of you are probably assuming I got transferred, that would be true. I am actually not that far from my old area. We are actually neighbors. We share the same building so I get to see all of my old friends from Oasis. All of the JAS were asking for my Facebook so I'm sure it will be fun to continue to talk to them after the mission as well. The coolest part that happened before I got transfered is we had a baptism. It was actually really fast. In the morning during our personal study, her daughter called us and said, "My mom wants to get baptized this Saturday." Ha ha so that was cool. We taught her everything in about two days and baptized her the next. It was super awesome.
 
I am a little sad that I did get changed from my last area. But all for the better. Now I'm in the East stake. I'm in a Ward called Aeropuerto, which translates to airport. It's been quite a hard week actually because I'm opening a new area with a new comp. Its been kind of hard to go and search out all of the investigators and members in the area but we are surviving. I'm pretty bummed because we went from a super awesome house to a really crappy house that has nothing and its super cold at night. In the morning, because we still dont have gas, we shower with freezing cold water. But all is well and it will get better.
 
We went to the temple again. So that was super awesome. I was super busy confirming about 150 youth so that was super cool. There were about 500 people who went to the temple with us so that was such an awesome experience.
 
Elder Salines returned once again to Juarez because the leaders here just don't get it. The Lord truely is hastening his work but his servants are lazy. Last night to all of the Ward councils of Juarez and to President Derbez, he promised that the missionaries will in the mission will have 1,000 new investigators by January. That was super awesome. He is such and awesome General Authority.
I'm soooo looking forward to talking to you on the phone this Christmas I hope all will have a super awesome Christmas.
 
 
With much Love,
Elder Thorpe
 



 
71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and alabor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the blast time that I shall cnourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come.

No comments:

Post a Comment