Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3rd, 2014

Well this week was super eventful for me. We had a ton of lessons that we taught we actually had an average  of almost 10 lessons taught per day. It was super fun getting to know my new area as my companion taught me. There are quite a bunch of families that I have met here that I absolutely love! Oh I also have a crazy story about what happend when I first got here. So I got to the Zone leaders house and we were all talking and I was getting to know my new companion. Then they asked me an interesting question, they said do you know who your district leader is? I said no that no one told me. That's when they said, no one told you did they, your District Leader! At first I thought it was a joke and I started laughing but then they told me it was real. So yep I'm now District Leader. So dad if you have any advice for me it would be much appreciated.

I did happen to get the package from Grandma and Grandpa this week and I absolutely loved it especially because it had my favorite chips in them. It was hard because I got the package right after I had started my fast so I had to wait. But I have been enjoying it a lot. Yeah we don't get the packages as fast here in Casas Grandes because one President waits for forever to go across the border to get them (which is a bad idea because he looks like he's smuggling) and two president doesn't come down that often.

It has now started to heat up and I didn't think it would get that hot this past week but I burnt my nose. I also realized I don't like riding bikes in the mission I would rather walk around. We got a new family that we are teaching and they are super awesome. They are those type of Catholics that say they are Catholic but they don't read the Bible or go to church. So its kinda nice the fact they know nothing, because we get to help them from the start. They are super awesome and interested. I'm pretty sure they will get baptized in March or April. We are also teaching these two kids and their uncle. We barely met the uncle this week and he said he wanted to be baptized. So they are awesome as well the only problem is they don't ever show up to church. I think that is the most frustrating.

But all in all I am really starting to love Casas Grandes. I'm going to look for something to send Austin before he leaves for his mission. I love all of you and hope you have an awesome week!

Love,
Elder (Braiden) Thorpe

Mexico Jungle Gym


Elder Imlay and Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment