Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23rd, 2014

Hey :(
So this week we found out that I'm getting transfered. This will be my last day in Laguna...I'm not too thrilled. I was hoping that I would be here for another transfer at least. That didn't happen. I'm going to be in Juarez again, in an area called Satelite 2. My new comp his name is Elder Aran. I go up to Juarez tomorrow. my new area is in the North Stake so I'll be right by the border. I really enjoyed my time I had with Elder Borgel, he probably is my favorite companion that I have had! We got a lot of done here in this area and I am sad to say goodbye. It`s been hard talking to my new friends we baptized while I was here and tell them how much I will miss them. I have truely become really close to my converts.

This last week we had a Family home evening with our converts and their less active mom who wants to come back to church. We shared the Mormon message by President Hinckley `The Women in our lives.` As I watched the video I thought so much about all of the women that have been apart of my life and how they have been such a great influence to me. I especially thought about you mom! I thought about how our relationship changed and how we became friends. I have missed you so much mom and I am so grateful for your amazing testimony and example to me. I love you and miss you!

I have been enjoying reading in the Book of Mormon so much. We have been reading as a mission and I have learned so much and I am so grateful for this amazing book. I have seen so many of the great examples of the Prophets and leaders of the Book of Mormon and how I can apply it to my life! 


2 Nephi 33:10
10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jewand all ye endsof the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Chrisye will believe in these wordsfor they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.


I love you all so much and miss you all!

Love Elder Thorpe





District in Laguna

Elder Thorpe and Elder Borgel

Alma 56:48
47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothersthat if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers,saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment