Monday, July 7, 2014

June 30th, 2014

Hey so I officially have been back in Juarez for one week and I really miss the calmness of Casas Grandes. I have noticed that everyone in life, well almost everyone in life is always at such a high pace and its kind of sad. If we only slowed down for a few minutes and take a moment to look around and appreciate what our Heavenly Father has blessed us with. I remember back before I was a missionary about when I was in my Senior year of high school, how I would go drive up above the valley in Traverse Mountain where there weren't any houses. I would go up when I was going through a hard time or when I wanted to have a private time to talk with my Father in Heaven. I would stand in complete silence and look around and think how all of what was created for us was out of love by our Heavenly Father. In those moments is when I had life changing conversations with him. I know that he loves me and that he has many great expectations for me. I remember how one time I went up with my patriarchal blessing and how I read it without any distractions. As I read I felt the spirit so strong as I felt that what I was blessed with were true. Sometimes in life we need to do as God asks and "STAND STILL."

This last week was good I got to know my companion a little better and we started working in the area. The area that I am in is huge and has a lot of private residences. It's sometimes hard to work in those areas because you aren't able to do whatever. But we keep working and trying to find new investigators.

I'm still DL so that's good. I'll send you a piture of who my district is next week it's actually really interesting.

Well I love you all and hope the best for all of you!

Love Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment