Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21st, 2014

Hola

So this week was super awesome I have never had so many spiritual experiences occur so often in the week. I was so happy this week working and teaching and it was so crazy because before I knew it the week was over. I love teaching the Gospel! It is such an amazing blessing and I am so happy that I have the opportunity to do it.

So we are teaching this family and they have recieved almost all of the lessons now and they are so excited to hear about the gospel. The guy (Andres) has read in the past four weeks he's read about 225 chapters in the Book of Mormon. They are going to be getting married in about a week and a half and we are super excited for them. They will be the first baptism of a family with a man in the family in about 2 years.

We are starting to try and find new investigators through refferals and through contacting. My companion really doesn't know how to contact so I will be teaching him how. Which is good because I am really good at it now.

So we are about to finish our challenge of reading the Book of Mormon in 100 days and I have been so grateful for it. I feel that I understand the story better of the Book of Mormon and I am able to explain it better. I love the Book of Mormon!

So this last week I was listening to a talk by Bruce R. McConkie called Joseph Smith: A Revealer of Christ it is so good and I understood better what a Prophet is and why they are so important. He said something really interesting, he said If we don't accept Joseph Smith as a Prophet of God then we don't accept Jesus Christ and the Savior of the World. I found that interesting and how he spoke about the chosen and elect.

Well I love you all and pray for you!

Love,
Elder Thorpe (Braiden)






*Fourth of July
*Elder Larsen and I
*I caught a snake like I always end up doing

No comments:

Post a Comment